Skip to main content

Fly A Flag on 9/11

I received this from my local Veterans for Peace chapter this morning in my email.  I agree with every word:


Fly a flag on September 11
 
I received a chain email suggesting I fly a flag on the anniversary of September 11 that instructed me to send the email to eleven of my friends. The chain email made me reflect upon my feelings during the last ten years which I express below.
 
On September 11, 2001 the United States was attacked by 15 Arab radicals and four other nationalities, none of them Iraqi or Afghani. The world stood beside us in our sorrow in response to this heinous crime.
 
In response the United States attacked Afghanistan claiming that Afghanistan was harboring Osama Bin Laden and was unwilling to deliver him for justice. In fact Afghanistan twice offered to deliver Osama to a world court instead of the United States in view of the fact that the United States was unwilling or unable to offer proof that Osama was guilty of anything.
 
After killing more innocent Afghan civilians in the first week of the invasion than died on September 11 in the United States, the military allowed Osama Bin Laden to escape and turned its attention to Iraq. General Colin Powell lied to the United Nations in an attempt to justify the invasion. Members of the Bush administration lied to congress claiming that Iraq had “weapons of mass destruction” that could be delivered to the shores of the United States. Even though it was unquestionably proven that all were lies and no “weapons of mass destruction” existed many Americans today cling to the belief that they were hidden or moved and just because we can’t find them doesn’t mean they don’t exist.
 
For ten years we have sent our children to kill and die in a foreign land that could not deliver “weapons of mass destruction” to our shores if they had them. We have a torture prison on Cuban soil and we contract with foreign governments to torture prisoners we capture with impunity anywhere on earth. Torture has now become the American standard for interrogation and many Americans will argue that torture is a good thing. The president claims the right to order the death of any person, of any nationality, anywhere in the world on his word alone. Americans are spied upon, their phone calls, mail and email are inspected and they are subjected to indignities at the airport. They cannot take photos of many public places and events and they can be required to show identification while simply walking on a public sidewalk. The government ignores the Bill of Rights and many Americans acquiesce and “feel so much safer now.”
 
When I enlisted into the Air Force in 1961 I felt that I would be making the world a better place. I didn’t understand what was going on in Vietnam but I felt that my government knew more than I did and my government would do no wrong. Was I ever wrong!
 
I am ashamed at the response of my fellow Americans to the criminal attack on the United States on September 11. I share their sorrow but knew from the start that the attack of September 11 was a “Pearl Harbor” event that my government would use to their advantage to achieve goals that otherwise the citizens of the United States would not allow.  Many Americans stood shoulder to shoulder with our corrupt government, waved flags and cheered as we bombed Iraq and Afghanistan back to the stone age. Before the invasion, Iraq was the most progressive Middle East country and Saddam an ex-CIA employee. Look at what we have done in Iraq and try to tell me you can be proud of that. I think it is time for Americans to quit waving the flag long enough to look in the mirror and see what we have become.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim