Skip to main content

Terror in the night... and the Power of Prayer II

From my journal, written as it happened:

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:10:36 AM

Lora is missing. I do not know where she is. She left last night around 9:00 PM to go sing Karaoke at some local dive and when I woke up to go to the bathroom at 1:45 AM she was not at home yet. I tried to go back to bed but couldn’t sleep because it was 2:00 AM and closing time and I was worried. I tried calling her phone but it turns out she didn’t take it with her! Now it is very late, or early, and I’m beside myself with concern. I’m waiting a bit longer and then I will call the police, perhaps she merely got arrested for DUI or something and is not dead. Of course I doubt I’ll ever allow her to drive my car again, ever

3:26:53 AM

Now I don’t know if I’m more scared or pissed, actually I have to say that at this point scared is riding much higher than pissed. It’s to the point of “You better be dead already cause I’m gonna kill you if you ain’t.” Rapidly swinging emotions, anger, fear, terror, anger. She is so never driving my car again, if she’s alive, it will be because she’s banned, if not… damn what a horrible thought! I sure hope I get to end up being pissed. I do not know what to do. I’ve been desperately praying for two hours now and nothing has changed. I’m going to shower and if I haven’t heard from her by 4:30 AM I’ll call the police.

4:04:40 AM

You think, “This can’t be happening to me…” but here I sit at 4:00 AM with Lora missing. She could be dead, or in jail, or injured, or out carousing. Who knows? Her phone sits uselessly in her bedroom. I sit uselessly in mine. I can’t even get in my car and go looking for her because she has my car.

4:22:34 AM

This is the hardest phone call I’ve ever waited to make. I think I’m going to throw up. Looking up phone numbers, Pleasanton Police Department, Dublin Police Department, emergency rooms...

4:37:53 AM

She is home. She is OK. Until I kill her later on today that is. She pulled into the driveway at 4:25 AM, so I didn’t have to call the police, she is OK, the car is OK, I’m OK. Thanks be to God!

So, the power of prayer II ;-)

Comments

  1. I'm glad she made it home safely. I'd be pretty scared if that happened to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's very scary... :-/ She was very apologetic, I doubt she'll forget her cell phone again any time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim