Skip to main content

Or maybe not.

I said that I was planning on closing down my Facebook account in about a week.  Of course I've said that a number of times in the past and changed my mind later on.  The trouble with leaving Facebook, as evil as it really is, is that many people in my family depend on it to stay in touch.  I doubt very much that I could convince all of them to leave that platform for another.  I've played around with Twitter a bit, but I don't care for the idea of restricting myself to short "tweets" and sending out links.  As a matter of fact that is one of the things about Facebook that I don't like, the constant "sharing" of other people's writing.  I am guilty of this like everyone else of course, original words on Facebook are pretty rare.  Google + doesn't appeal to me much either.  That leaves such things as Pinterest and Flickr.  Flickr is great for posting photos but I don't have any idea why I would ever go to Pinterest.

So what am I going to do?  I guess I'll leave my account on Facebook active, but I'm not going to go there much, I hope.  Instead I have turned on email notifications for family members and some friends, those who don't post 600 times a day.  ;-) That will ensure I stay in touch with family without being sucked into FB too much.  I intend all of my posting to be done on my blog, which will automatically post to FB for me, if you want to see what I'm writing click on the links from FB, or better yet dump FB and subscribe to my blog directly. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea Parties

I didn't make our local Tea Party , but it pulled hundreds of people as well... Tea, anyone? from Father Hollywood by Father Hollywood Like hundreds of thousands of other Americans, the Hollywoods enjoyed a tea party this past Wednesday. "Tea party" (wink wink). Nothing subversive about sipping a little Darjeeling, eh wot? Nothing to see here, Miss Napolitano. Anyway, our local festivities were held at Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Metairie. There were literally thousands of people crammed into the neutral ground (though on that day, the ground was anything but...), as cars and trucks poured by the busy boulevard laing on their horns in support. Here are pictures. And like every such gathering in our environs, there was even a brass band and an improptu "second line" parade. It was a "party" after all. But it was a party with a serious reason. The crowds were so overwhelming that it was hard to hear the speakers, and unfortunately, we did have a fe...

I give up.

Over the last couple of years I have made a huge effort to convince myself that the Lutheran view of government had some merit. I've read everything recommended by Lutherans on the subject but I just can't make myself believe it. I can't believe it because I am certain that it is, quite simply, wrong. It is possible that I misunderstand the Lutheran position still, but I don't think that is the case. Lutherans teach that government is a blessing from God, a positive good. I think that this is wrong. In reality government is a curse and an evil. Even God warned Israel that a king (government) was a terrible idea that was against His will for them. (1 Samuel 8:4-19) We are certainly commanded in Romans 13:1-7 to obey and honor those in power over us, but in no place in the New Testament, at least no place that I'm aware of, is it even remotely implied that we ought to participate actively in any government, even less is it implied that we have some duty to part...

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.