Skip to main content

Life goes on, but not on Facebook

I've been mostly ignoring Facebook today.  Only when family or close friends post do I see a notification and most of those don't require that I actually go to FB to know it's not anything I really need to bother looking at.  No offense but I think I've seen my fill of lame jokes, political slams and cute kittens for now.  :-) 

This post is primarily being written to test my auto feed to Twitter.  If you are not on Twitter you should be, if only to ensure that you don't miss any of my scintillating blog posts!  It won't be too long before I disconnect completely from that evil pit that is Facebook, so think about getting a Twitter account and looking for me there.  I'm @LDevich once you are on.   

You may have noticed that yesterday I mentioned in my Thankfulness post that I was going to my friend Jean's house after work.  This is a very cool thing that has developed.  My friend Jean, whom I've known over 20 years, when I was talking about my commute, invited me to stay in her spare room when I'm on my long 12 hour days.  These are the days when after my commute I'd get home, kiss the family and go straight to bed after seeing each of them for maybe 5 minutes.  Then in the morning I'd be off to work before anyone else was out of bed.  There was really not much point to the whole exercise to tell the truth.  I wound up getting at most 7 hours of sleep and usually only 6.  Staying at Jean's I can be in bed at the same time, after a pleasant half hour or forty five minutes of visiting and then get up and go to work after a full 8 hours plus of glorious sleep.  :-)  The plan is for me to stay one or two days a week depending on who long my schedule is that week.  This is a very good thing.  Thank you Jean!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim