Skip to main content

To RV or not RV? and more aspieness

I'm seriously considering buying an RV early next year, with my X-mas bonus money, assuming the amount is comparable to what I've received in the past I should be able to purchase an old one no problem.  It doesn't need to be very fancy or very big.  It just has to have a reliable motor and it has to be water tight in the rain.  Beyond that I don't much care.  I plan on gutting it and turning it into an open plan tiny house on wheels anyway.  Minimizing the thing if you know what I mean.  RV's tend to be packed with way too much storage for me, I don't want to have that much "stuff" anyway.  I only want to have the following things in my RV:


1.  My clothes, I don't have too many of those anyway
2.  Two short shelves of books that I have picked out for keeping
3.  My computer
4.  iPhone
5.  iHome speakers (Bose when I can afford it)
6.  A set of dishes, silverware and cups and glasses, set of 4
7.  Frying pan, sauce pan and a couple of utensils
8.  My Kindle
9.  Set of 4 towels and wash cloths
10.  Small BBQ
11.  My bed with blankets
12.  Camping gear stashed on top or in a rear mounted box - tent, sleeping bag, table etc.

I intend to set it up to be off grid, have a propane stove, composting toilet, candles and oil lamps for light, solar panels to charge my electronics up, maybe a few LED lights too for when I'm too lazy to light flames :-P  I'm thinking it won't have a shower because I don't want to be bothered with sewer, no holding tank to empty and no running water to mess with.  I'd have a "gravity feed" water system like Dee Williams has in her Tiny House, in fact I'd love to build a Tiny House from scratch but an old used RV is MUCH cheaper here is Dee talking about her house:



My main reason for wanting the RV is to live in it full time, not to be traveling all over the country with it.  I'll park it in Lora's driveway and keep on helping them pay their rent but have a more independent household which ought to help me to cope a bit better.  I really don't do that well around other people and never have.  It is a huge strain not exploding all the time :-) 

Which brings me back around to more aspie talk.

There are things that set me off, noises, lights, smells.  People really don't seem to believe me when I say their perfume is hurting me, but it does hurt me.  Bright lights hurt my eyes, especially at night for some reason.  It is a struggle to listen to people, to hear them, to figure out what they are trying to tell me with their gestures and body language and eyes.  I can get the literal words people say but the nuances escape me completely.  When I'm in a group of people like after church I can only stay in the room for about ten minutes before I have to go outside and breathe deep for a few minutes before going back in.  If I have to be in that sort of situation I end up screaming inside and shutting down, I stop talking.  If you could see inside of me then you would see I was near tears, getting desperate to escape.  Sadly it usually gets held in until I'm around only family, then I let it go on them, sorry guys.  

At work one reason it's a struggle is because the lobbies are marble and they echo.  I can not make out what people are saying about half the time, especially if my good buddy Ellard on the commercial side of the lobby is telling stories with his loud booming voice, which he does all day long.  I wish the door we once had between the lobbies was there again but it's not, and that is not a good thing.  No one asked me about removing it, I'd have said don't do it.   I used to close it for a couple of hours every day to get the quiet I need.  Now I have to leave the lobby and go into a condo or out for a walk to make it through the day.  That's not as good as being able to stay on site but it's what I have to do.

So the RV is to be a refuge, a retreat where I can recuperate from being around loud, smelly incomprehensible people and just be alone, quiet and peaceful.  I'm looking forward to that a lot!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim