Skip to main content

Issues Etc.

There used to be a show called Issues Etc. on KFUO AM, they had a podcast each weekend I listened to, it was a confessional and conservative voice that I really learned a lot from. Sadly, for unknown reasons, reasons that the Lutheran Church Missouri Synod has thus far refused to disclose, they have, without warning or notice canceled the show, pulled all of the archives and destroyed the Issues Etc. web site as well.

While I know that I am supposed to put the best construction on these things I find myself unable to find any possible construction that doesn't sound negative. In fact the BEST I can come up with, the very best construction for this action, is that the people running the LCMS are idiots. All of the other explanations involve duplicity and a deliberate attempt to drive away confessional Lutheran voices from the LCMS.

I anticipate this new LCMS advertising campaign in the near future:

"Come worship with us, we have toe tapping music and are just like every other church in town, we promise we won't offend you by talking about sin or any thing remotely controversial, so come on down!"

I already can't bring myself to attend about 90% of LCMS churches because they have thrown the traditional liturgy into the trash and make it all up as they go along, who needs that? I can get that, only done better, at any number of non-denominational "Christian Centers" If I want pseudo Christian praise songs in the 7-11 pattern (7 words 11 times) I can go to those other churches. I am a Lutheran for the Catholic Faith! For the traditional liturgy and the sacraments rightly given. Tossing out the liturgy will result in lukewarm pap masquerading as Christianity like the evangelicals mostly spew these days...

Oops, I'm getting cranky now. Well so be it. This is outrageous. I'll apologize if it turns out that Todd Wilken, the host of Issues Etc., turned out to be a secret Satanist or child molester or something, but other than that there is no excuse for this sort of Soviet style censorship! Openness is the ONLY Christian way to handle this sort of thing, where is the answer LCMS?

Ack, it's even worse! I went to the streaming audio from KFUO am that is still running, unlike the main web site that has vanished, and what did I find playing there? I found the NON-Lutheran, Focus on the Family playing! Great, confessional Lutherans are not to be tolerated but BAPTISTS ARE!?!

Comments

  1. ------------------------


    Here is all sorts of contact information to tell people what you think about this, let them know how important Issues, Etc. was to us, and ask why the show was cancelled:

    Rev. David L. Strand
    Executive Director
    Board for Communication
    (314) 996-1200
    (314) 822-0000
    david.strand@lcms.org

    Lutheran Church - Missouri Synod
    1333 S. Kirkwood Road
    St. Louis, MO 63122-7295
    (888) 843-5267
    (314) 965-9000
    FAX: (314) 996-1016
    infocenter@lcms.org

    KFUO Radio Station
    (314) 725-0099
    (314) 725-3030‎
    (314) 721-2969

    Rev. Dr. Gerald Kieschnick
    Synod President
    (314) 996-1402
    (314) 842-7110
    president@lcms.org

    LC-MS Board of Directors
    (314) 996-1350


    ------------------------


    Meanwhile, an online petition has been started up about Issues, Etc. being ended. I don't know how much good it will do, but it should be able to do some. it certainly can't hurt to put your name down. Here's the link:
    http://www.petitiononline.com/Issues/petition.html

    For anyone who comes across this and has Facebook, the most discussion it seems is going on at the "Bring back Issues ETC!!!" Facebook group.
    http://facebook.com/group.php?gid=11679316089


    ------------------------


    Finally, financial help for the Schwarz and Wilken families can be sent to the following address. Just put in the memo line that it’s for the “Schwartz/Wilken Fund”. The Schwarzes especially need the help and Rev. Jack Schwarz's wife Beth has been recently diagnosed with small fiber neuropathy and they need to go to Mayo Clinic to try figuring out what can be done.

    "Schwartz/Wilken Fund"
    Saint Paul Lutheran Church
    P.O. Box 247
    Hamel, IL 62046

    All help and all prayers are appreciated.


    ------------------------


    I will be continuing to post information and resources relating to the cancellation of Issues, Etc. and firing of Rev. Wilken and Mr. Schwarz. So, if you could please help me draw people to the resource of my blog, I would really appreciate it.
    http://latinkid.blogspot.com/2008/03/pulled-from-air-issues-etc.html

    God bless,
    --Aaron Nemoyer

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim