Skip to main content

Glorious Pro-War Propaganda

Here is some "Glorious Pro-War Propaganda" that was sent to me by a family member. Click here if you don't see the video embedded below.

It came with this explanation, FYI it actually came out last year but is still making the rounds, nothing ever totally vanishes from the net:

This film was made by a 15 year old girl.
>
> The following is the hottest thing on the internet and on Fox News today.
>
> Lizzie Palmer who put this YouTube program together is 15 years old. There
> have been over 3,000,000 hits as of this morning. In case you missed it,
> here
> it is.
>
> Watch all of it.......and, pass it on!!




I have a couple of comments to make about it.

1. This is a very nicely done and professional looking bit of propaganda.

2. It makes the claim, during the middle portions, that these people are fighting "for you." This is not true, they are fighting for an empire, they are fighting for Oil companies and they are fighting on behalf of Israel, none of these things has the slightest connection to "me."

3. The video shows only two options for these young men and women when they come home, either hale and well to happy families or in a casket to grieving families. Somehow the many tens of thousand of maimed and disabled vets were left out, I guess we would not want to look at their disfigured faces and missing limbs, that would be too disturbing to our warm and fuzzy propaganda aims. Go here, to Disabled American Veterans, to learn more about the real results of these wars, and to help out the victims, the wounded and disabled soldiers who will NEVER be whole again.

4. The video shows the troops serving and smiling in far off lands but does not give the slightest indication of the horrors they have brought to these nations that never did a thing to the United States of America, the hundreds of thousands of dead and maimed men, women and children, the destruction and terror they have made a seemingly permanent state as they obey the orders of those who have sent them there to enrich the corporate sponsors of both the Republican and Democratic parties.

Nice video, evil deception.

Comments

  1. Larry you mentioned something that bothers me every day I drive into SF. As you well know, we have a huge homeless problem in that city. And the amount of homeless vets is staggering. I drive in on the Duboce exit area often, and the homeless there are quite often guys my age, from the first Gulf War. The Vets clinic is across the street, and many of these guys just wheel themselves over to the corner to beg for money.

    I am very pro military, when it comes to defending ourselves. But I have come to the conclusion that our current administration doesn't give a rat's @ss about these citizens, or a few administrations for that matter. And I see the results of this every week. It breaks my heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, that is why I constantly hound people to contribute to DAV, we have to pick up where our government has dropped the ball.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

I give up.

Over the last couple of years I have made a huge effort to convince myself that the Lutheran view of government had some merit. I've read everything recommended by Lutherans on the subject but I just can't make myself believe it. I can't believe it because I am certain that it is, quite simply, wrong. It is possible that I misunderstand the Lutheran position still, but I don't think that is the case. Lutherans teach that government is a blessing from God, a positive good. I think that this is wrong. In reality government is a curse and an evil. Even God warned Israel that a king (government) was a terrible idea that was against His will for them. (1 Samuel 8:4-19) We are certainly commanded in Romans 13:1-7 to obey and honor those in power over us, but in no place in the New Testament, at least no place that I'm aware of, is it even remotely implied that we ought to participate actively in any government, even less is it implied that we have some duty to part