Skip to main content

Strange Train Ride

I am on the BART train trying to get home, what a strange ride this has been! First we were trapped in the Embarcadero Station for 45 minutes waiting for a train because some inconsiderate jerk committed suicide by jumping in front of a train at Powell Street. This caused them to shut down the station while the coroner did his business and caused tens of thousands of people to be significantly delayed on their trip home.

Finally we got a train and only a few minutes later there was a 5.6 earthquake that caused BART to halt all trains while they checked for damage.

I like boring uneventful rides, interesting rides are not good. Ah well, I think I might finally make it home, we are just outside of Dublin now... if I survive my bike ride home from the station I'm having a whiskey and going to bed :-)

Other gripes for the day: I got a note from the incompetent louts at the Voter's Registrar saying I had not registered a PARTY! What crap! I deliberately re-registered as a Republican, even though that act made me a bit nauseous, just so I could vote for Ron Paul. Now it looks like I will not be allowed to vote for him. If not I will not vote at all. I have long thought it likely the whole thing is rigged anyway... I will still see if I can get it changed but it doesn't look good right now. I'm not having a very good night :-/

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea Parties

I didn't make our local Tea Party , but it pulled hundreds of people as well... Tea, anyone? from Father Hollywood by Father Hollywood Like hundreds of thousands of other Americans, the Hollywoods enjoyed a tea party this past Wednesday. "Tea party" (wink wink). Nothing subversive about sipping a little Darjeeling, eh wot? Nothing to see here, Miss Napolitano. Anyway, our local festivities were held at Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Metairie. There were literally thousands of people crammed into the neutral ground (though on that day, the ground was anything but...), as cars and trucks poured by the busy boulevard laing on their horns in support. Here are pictures. And like every such gathering in our environs, there was even a brass band and an improptu "second line" parade. It was a "party" after all. But it was a party with a serious reason. The crowds were so overwhelming that it was hard to hear the speakers, and unfortunately, we did have a fe...

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Child Driven Education

Here is a Ted Talk with Sugata Mitra on Child Driven Education... very unschooling-like I think.  :-)  I've seen videos of him before, this is an update on his research on letting groups of kids learn on the internet, mostly without any supervision at all.  Posted via email from The Angry Gnome