Skip to main content

Over the top

I have been told that my post "Is this really God" was insulting. While it was not my original intention to be harsh and insulting when I began to review the video "Interview with God" I recognize that I allowed my emotions to run overboard and I was not kind in my words. As I went along I began to take sinful pleasure in heaping derision on what I saw as error.

Sad to say I lived up to my richly deserved reputation once again.



I have sinned in not putting the best construction on things and I have been called to repentance, and I do repent of my insulting and harsh tone and words, though not of my opinion about the theology of the video.

Really though, what can we expect of an Angry Gnome?

Well I know what God expects of me "love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control." (Galatians 5:22) While I know I will fail these are most certainly the things I must aim for.

Thanks be to God for the salvation and forgiveness of sins He gives us through Christ!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea Parties

I didn't make our local Tea Party , but it pulled hundreds of people as well... Tea, anyone? from Father Hollywood by Father Hollywood Like hundreds of thousands of other Americans, the Hollywoods enjoyed a tea party this past Wednesday. "Tea party" (wink wink). Nothing subversive about sipping a little Darjeeling, eh wot? Nothing to see here, Miss Napolitano. Anyway, our local festivities were held at Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Metairie. There were literally thousands of people crammed into the neutral ground (though on that day, the ground was anything but...), as cars and trucks poured by the busy boulevard laing on their horns in support. Here are pictures. And like every such gathering in our environs, there was even a brass band and an improptu "second line" parade. It was a "party" after all. But it was a party with a serious reason. The crowds were so overwhelming that it was hard to hear the speakers, and unfortunately, we did have a fe...

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Child Driven Education

Here is a Ted Talk with Sugata Mitra on Child Driven Education... very unschooling-like I think.  :-)  I've seen videos of him before, this is an update on his research on letting groups of kids learn on the internet, mostly without any supervision at all.  Posted via email from The Angry Gnome