Skip to main content

Supper

Last night, when I got home at 8:40 PM, Lora, Serenity and JD were busy cooking supper. I knew that they were going to make Portobello Mushroom burgers since Lora had informed me earlier in the evening that they were going to do that. What I did not expect was the vast quantity of side dishes that they, for reasons known only to them, decided to cook as well. I was also not expecting dinner to be at 10:00 PM :-P

As soon as I came in the door Lora proudly announced "We bought you beer" so I felt compelled to drink one of those, though I hadn't actually wanted one before that. Before dinner there was a big bowl of hummus with peppers and other stuff in it that was quite tasty and crackers to dip into it (I checked the label and they were not vegan but I ate them anyway, what's a little whey now and then anywhey?). I think there were 3 types of cheese, I didn't eat any cheese of course. There were the most delicious large stuffed mushrooms, I ate about 4 of those and by then could have left the table satisfied but that was just the beginning of our impromptu feast. There were two types of olives, kalamata and green ones stuffed with garlic.

For the actual sit down part of the feast there were baby potatoes, squash and zucchini, a big salad with all sorts of greens (Serenity helped with the chopping here), onions and snow peas and tomatoes and mystery bits, parsnip if I recall was in there somewhere. There was french bread and "Truffle Olive Oil" and balsamic vinegar to dip it in too. There were blackberries and strawberries for the salad as well. I had some of those on the side. There was wine of course. Oh, and the portobello mushrooms topped with sauteed shallots and avocados on a hamburger bun with Veganaise (mayo) and greens. There was tabouli and couscous too.

By the time I waddled off to bed I was truly stuffed to the gills. Everything was delicious, Lora admitted that she thinks JD is a better cook than her. He certainly is creative with whipping this sort of thing up, he's done it before for us and I was impressed then. Lora specializes more in the comfort food category than the gourmet stuff.

I'm pretty sure that, even though it was 99.999% vegan, I probably gained 5 pounds eating last night. Wonderful! As Serenity said while looking right at me "A meal fit for a fat king" 8-)

Posted via email from The Angry Gnome

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

iTom: Free Music From Tom Smith: 047: Everything Is Dangerous

047: Everything Is Dangerous The only thing we have to fear is fear itself. And all the other stuff. I actually had a song, "Be Afraid", written last week. But it was... preachy. Too preachy. If-you-want-to-send-a-message-use-Western-Union preachy. Wasn't what I wanted. And then I saw this news story , and I knew I'd found my hook. I mean, apparently I must've been vacationing in the Alps when pet turtles were outlawed back in 1975, but I surely remember all of the kids who got salmonella playing with our adorable little buddies. Oh, wait, I don't remember a single one because I never knew a kid who got sick playing with a turtle. Neither did I know a kid who was made prone to violence from watching Road Runner cartoons, but that's neither here nor there. As Lois McMaster Bujold says, you can't make your kids safe -- you can only teach them how to be safe, and hope for the best. Or, as Leslie puts it, you