Skip to main content

Error in TDP

This morning, Saturday Lent - 1, I was getting ready to read the Old Testament passage, which was supposed to be Genesis 15:1-21.  But when I started listening to the reading on Liturgy Geek, being a bit tired so I wanted to hear it as I read it, I was shocked to find out that the passage that was printed in Treasury of Daily Prayer and identified as Genesis 15 was actually Genesis 14:1-21. I suppose with modern cut and past editing that is an easy mistake to make, and it is the an accurate reproduction of Genesis 14, it's just not supposed to be the reading for the day.  I sent an email to Paul McCain at Concordia, I'm sure they already were aware of that but just in case they weren't I figured I'd let them know. 

Ah well, nothing is perfect.

Posted via email from The Angry Gnome

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea Parties

I didn't make our local Tea Party , but it pulled hundreds of people as well... Tea, anyone? from Father Hollywood by Father Hollywood Like hundreds of thousands of other Americans, the Hollywoods enjoyed a tea party this past Wednesday. "Tea party" (wink wink). Nothing subversive about sipping a little Darjeeling, eh wot? Nothing to see here, Miss Napolitano. Anyway, our local festivities were held at Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Metairie. There were literally thousands of people crammed into the neutral ground (though on that day, the ground was anything but...), as cars and trucks poured by the busy boulevard laing on their horns in support. Here are pictures. And like every such gathering in our environs, there was even a brass band and an improptu "second line" parade. It was a "party" after all. But it was a party with a serious reason. The crowds were so overwhelming that it was hard to hear the speakers, and unfortunately, we did have a fe...

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Child Driven Education

Here is a Ted Talk with Sugata Mitra on Child Driven Education... very unschooling-like I think.  :-)  I've seen videos of him before, this is an update on his research on letting groups of kids learn on the internet, mostly without any supervision at all.  Posted via email from The Angry Gnome