Skip to main content

My Life's Soundtrack

I saw this at Uneasy Priest and thought it would be fun. I'm providing Amazon or other links where possible because I know some of the music I listen to is, well, not all that well known, many have sample clips so you can check it out, cool huh?:

IF YOUR LIFE WAS A MOVIE, WHAT WOULD THE SOUNDTRACK BE?

Here's how it works:

1. Open your library (iTunes, Media Player, iPod, etc)
2. Put it on shuffle
3. Press play
4. For every question, type the song that's playing
5. When you go to a new question, press the next button
6. Don't lie and try to pretend you're cool...
7. Include commentary

OPENING CREDITS: "Flight, for Robert Frost" by Michael Hoppe (from "The Poet, Romances for Cello") Nice, quiet, peaceful and bit sad. Good for the into I guess.

WAKING UP:
"Madness" by Ravi Shankar (from Transmigration Macabre) OK, well that is what came up, what can I say? ;-/

FIRST DAY OF SCHOOL: "Only a Lad" by Oingo Boingo (From Only a Lad) Heh, see, it's really not my fault at all, it's societies fault, I'm just a poor oppressed abused little git! Yep, it fits with a public school educumation in California all right.

FALLING IN LOVE: "Phenomenon" by Equinox (from Holon) Oh yes, that sound is most certainly the sound of Larry "falling in love" words, who need words when one is in love?

FIGHT SONG: "American Dreaming" by Dead Can Dance (on Toward The Within)

I need my conscience to keep watch over me

To protect me from myself
So I can wear honesty like a crown on my head
When I walk into the promised land

Weve been too long American dreaming
And I think weve all lost the way
Forlorn somnambulistic maniacal in the dark

Ah, that's my kind of fight.

BREAKING UP: "Sonatina: Andante II" by Lee Ritenour and Dave Grusin, composer Moreno Torroba (on Two Worlds) a sad, slow, classical and jazz sound, perfect for the aftermath of the break up.

PROM: "Gia - The Infinite Posse" by Ubiquity (on Audio Alchemy 2) Yeah, well I didn't want to go to that stupid establishment prom thing anyway, so there!

LIFE'S OK: "Nagashi Reibo" by Yoshikazu Iwamoto (on L'Esprit Du Vent - The Spirit Of Wind) life is good and I'm by a slow moving stream, under a willow tree, silence, and a single flute carries me into a meditative state, peaceful.

MENTAL BREAKDOWN: "Agnus Dei" by St. Thomas Choir of Men and Boys (on Music of Messiaen, Franck, Poulenc and Durufe) that's pretty quiet for a breakdown, but it's 20th century stuff so it's kind of appropriate.

DRIVING: "O Sacrum Convivium", by Monks Of The Abbey Of Notre Dame (on Gregorian Chant) I have taken long road trips where I listened to hour on hour of Gregorian Chant, it really works well when crossing several hundred miles of Nevada high desert.

FLASHBACK: "Flowers of the forest" by Mike Oldfield (on Voyager) the sound of bagpipes for my flashback, well I guess so, it's a nostalgic sort of sound.

GETTING BACK TOGETHER: "Windows and walls" by Michael Gettel (on Skywatching) getting back together? I don't think so!

WEDDING: "Dantes Prayer" by Loreena McKennitt (on The Book of Secrets)

Cast your eyes on the ocean
Cast your soul to the sea
When the dark night seems endless
Please remember me

BIRTH OF CHILD: Overture from La Grande-Duchesse de Gerolstein by Offenbach... a happy tune for the birth of a child, pretty cool really ;-)

FINAL BATTLE: "Sad Merlin's Sunday" by Tangerine Dream (on Goblin's Club) I can go with this as a final battle song I guess, it has a sort of doomed but determined sound to it...

DEATH SCENE: "Mars" by the London Symphony, composer Holst (on The Planets) This would have been better as the final battle but I suppose I can die to it as well as fight with it...

FUNERAL SONG: "Oh Holy Night" by Michael Allen Harrison (on Enchanted Christmas) the hazzards of iTunes shuffle... ah well it's a nice instrumental version.

END CREDITS: "Rondeau: Allegro" by Hogwood, composer Mozart (on Mozart: The Violin Concertos) I can go out with Mozart, no problem...

Tag yourself.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim