Skip to main content

What am I going to eat for supper?

I go back and forth on this one. I want to eat vegetarian, so I start doing that and make some big declaration about it. Then I change my mind, usually due to the fact that almost everyone around me is munching on the flesh of dead animals.

Then there is the whole "diet" thing. I went on the Atkins diet a couple of times, it really works for losing weight but I hate the feeling of being stuffed full of dead flesh and fat. I never really feel good when I'm doing that. Then I tried the Dean Ornish diet, which is the exact reverse of the Atkins diet. All vegetarian no fat.

Both are pretty extreme and both worked for me and both didn't work long term because I love all the foods on both sides of them. Vegetarianism doesn't work for me because from time to time I actually like meat.

So what to do? I'm overweight by a good 40 pounds and need to get rid of it... oh wait, exercise!

But that is so HARD! I want it to be EASY!

All right then, I've decided what to do next and it will not be easy. I'm going to start getting more exercise, walking probably, maybe we'll call it "hiking" even. I'm also going to reduce the amount of meat I eat even more than I already have, I really don't eat much meat as it is though. Then I'm going to increase the amount of fruits and vegetables I eat and cut down on cheese.

But I LOVE cheese! I want MORE cheese, not LESS!

Still, this is the only reasonable and sustainable plan, more exercise, healthier foods, smaller portions... oh yeah smaller portions. I don't really need to whine about that one, just using a smaller plate seems to work for that.

There is also the matter not eating just because it's "Time to eat." Waiting until there is at least a pang of hunger in the belly and not just a ringing bell or an emotional craving... yeah that's a hard one there but still it's something to keep in my mind. This morning for breakfast, though to tell the truth I was NOT hungry when I ate it, I had a non-fat peach yogurt and a banana that I sliced up in the bowl with it. It was yummy and I'm really full now but probably I could have waited until later in the day for that.

I'm encouraging Serenity to eat when and how much she wants, with a lot of direction from me on the WHAT she eats. :-) We avoid sugar and processed foods as much as possible and try to keep up the fruits and veggies. She frequently surprises me by turning down extra helpings of food she really likes.

I'll let you know how this all works out.

***************************************************

Other things:

Last night when I got off of the train in Dublin and went to my car in the parking lot I found my right front tire was flat :-( I briefly toyed with the idea of calling AAA but decided that by the time they came out and changed the tire I could have done it myself and been home drinking a glass of "whine" and so I broke out the tools from the trunk, removed my overcoat and cranked up the jack. In ten minutes I was on the way home where I had a glass of wine while I whined.

Today I'll need to go to Big O tires and get it fixed, gee what fun, I can't think of anything I'd rather do than sit around a tire store on a nice sunny day :-(

Maybe I'll take Serenity along and we can walk over to the library while they fix it and get one of the Five in a Row books! That would be a little more productive and enjoyable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim