Skip to main content

Music

There are some amazing music services out on the interwebs these days :-) There is Pandora, which I'm listening to at the moment, Up Around the Bend by Credence Clearwater Revival was playing when I started this post. Pandora plays a customized blend of tunes on stations you make for yourself so you tend to get music you like most all of the time, and it turns you on to music you might not have known about that is similar to what you have been marking with a thumbs up as you go along. There are occasional ads that play but not nearly as many as on over-air radio. You can listen for 40 hours per month for free, if you happen to use up those hours in a month you can pay 99 cents and listen as much as you like for the rest of that month, which is pretty reasonable I'd say. I have never yet used up my 40 hours though. Another cool thing about Pandora is that I can listen to it on my Blackberry, which makes walks and bike rides and commutes a pleasure, though you have to have signal and parts of the BART underground are still not accessible.

Another cool music service is SomaFM. Lots of interesting stations there, and it's all free. I listen to Groove Salad , Secret Agent , Doomed and Space Station Soma on this site, all full of stuff you will never hear anywhere else for the most part. Pretty cool spot to chill in the evenings.

An old fashioned online radio station that plays a nice selection of rock and stuff is Radio Paradise. I used to listen to that more in the past but with all the other places to hear music I don't get to Paradise as frequently as I once did.

A good site for mobile listening, like on my Blackberry, is Slacker Radio. Custom stations, genera stations and such. Very good.

Oooh... Pandora is giving me Hey Jude by the Beatles right now. Ah... now it's Every Breath You Take by the Police, old fashioned rock on the station I made called "My Kinda Rock"

Finally my newest find, via Pastor is Lala. This service allows you to upload your music to the web, and browse and listen to new stuff too. Sort of cool because you can then listen to your own music from your computer at any computer you happen to be on at the time. So I can listen to my music on the computer at work or in the front room on Lora's computer or wherever. You also have several ways to buy music on this site. You can buy 'web only' music that you can only hear via Lala for 10 cents a track, or you can buy no DRM MP3's for 79 cents more if you decide you want to burn a CD of the track, or you can actually buy the CD itself with the web album included free. More options is a good thing. No sign of mobile capability that I can find yet, but it's free and way cool.

Those are the music services I use now, there are others of course, but really if I'm using these you know they are the best :-)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim