Skip to main content

My week so far

Yesterday I had "oral surgery" which is a nicer way of saying I had 8 teeth yanked from my head ;-/ I underwent general anesthesia so the process was painless. So far I have some swelling but no significant pain. I took two Vicodin yesterday, one right away after I woke up and got to the pharmacy and one later in the evening before bed. So far today I have not felt like I needed to use it. I have been taking Ibuprofen for the inflammation but that is all. I'm on a course of penicillin during the healing. On Friday I'm going in to my primary dentist, hopefully to get the dentures that should have been ready yesterday. Though I'm "missing" those teeth now it's not much different really since they were mostly gone anyway. At the start of the new year our company switched dental insurance and for a while there they were trying to deny service to me because I needed to wait 12 months. However, after working with our company, they decided to waive that provision, it really would have been unfair not to and they saw that. As a result instead of another thousand dollars I would have had to pay I ended up paying only twenty dollars over what I'd already paid.

Yesterday afternoon Serenity's former school called up to ask where she was, they hadn't yet received our letter from last week. I informed them that she is now attending Serenity School. The person on the phone said they would miss her because they all loved her, but wished us well, she was very nice about it actually. We'll see if they send the records or not, though I don't see that as vital anyway.

So now things are calming down for me, the combination of starting Serenity School and having teeth pulled was really stressing me out there for a while. Oh, there was one other thing, I was worried about and that was how our day care provider, Natalie, would react to the idea of our homeschooling Serenity but she was very positive and seemed to think the idea was wonderful. She even said we can send work with her on her days there if we want to and she will help out!

Prayers are requested that we might continue to settle into our new lifestyle without too much anguish, so far the Lord has given us smooth sailing.

Thanks be to God.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

NBC anti-life?

I would boycott NBC, if I ever watched it that is. I actually never watch anything on the old line networks, NBC, CBS, ABC, FOX. Everything I watch is on the cable only stations... do they still broadcast over the air? Ah well, this story is about the fact that it seems NBC refused to air an ad put together by some Catholic outfit that features an embryo and all of the hardships it faced in early life ending up with the revelation that they were talking about Obama. Here is the ad , check it out and see how unoffensive it is. Like I said, if I watched them I'd quit now. :-/

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

Government = Violence

What it comes down to is this, any law you propose states this, I will kill you if you do not agree to do "X." I say this because ALL laws say this. All . Jay walking is a "crime." So, what does that mean? It means if you jay walk you risk death at the hands of government enforcers. How so? You are accosted while jay walking by the local police. You say, "Buzz off bucko!" The cop says "you are under arrest!" You say "Not even." They attempt to restrain you and you resist, you are now "resisting arrest" and in the process of subduing you force will be used to make you to comply. The harder you resist the more likely "they" are to simply kill you. All laws imply deadly force. All laws = the death penalty. Of course they won't say you are being killed for the "crime" of jay walking, but for resisting arrest or attempting to escape or whatever, but really it's the original "crim