Skip to main content

Terror in the night... and the Power of Prayer II

From my journal, written as it happened:

Tuesday, December 09, 2008 3:10:36 AM

Lora is missing. I do not know where she is. She left last night around 9:00 PM to go sing Karaoke at some local dive and when I woke up to go to the bathroom at 1:45 AM she was not at home yet. I tried to go back to bed but couldn’t sleep because it was 2:00 AM and closing time and I was worried. I tried calling her phone but it turns out she didn’t take it with her! Now it is very late, or early, and I’m beside myself with concern. I’m waiting a bit longer and then I will call the police, perhaps she merely got arrested for DUI or something and is not dead. Of course I doubt I’ll ever allow her to drive my car again, ever…

3:26:53 AM

Now I don’t know if I’m more scared or pissed, actually I have to say that at this point scared is riding much higher than pissed. It’s to the point of “You better be dead already cause I’m gonna kill you if you ain’t.” Rapidly swinging emotions, anger, fear, terror, anger. She is so never driving my car again, if she’s alive, it will be because she’s banned, if not… damn what a horrible thought! I sure hope I get to end up being pissed. I do not know what to do. I’ve been desperately praying for two hours now and nothing has changed. I’m going to shower and if I haven’t heard from her by 4:30 AM I’ll call the police.

4:04:40 AM

You think, “This can’t be happening to me…” but here I sit at 4:00 AM with Lora missing. She could be dead, or in jail, or injured, or out carousing. Who knows? Her phone sits uselessly in her bedroom. I sit uselessly in mine. I can’t even get in my car and go looking for her because she has my car.

4:22:34 AM

This is the hardest phone call I’ve ever waited to make. I think I’m going to throw up. Looking up phone numbers, Pleasanton Police Department, Dublin Police Department, emergency rooms...

4:37:53 AM

She is home. She is OK. Until I kill her later on today that is. She pulled into the driveway at 4:25 AM, so I didn’t have to call the police, she is OK, the car is OK, I’m OK. Thanks be to God!

So, the power of prayer II ;-)

Comments

  1. I'm glad she made it home safely. I'd be pretty scared if that happened to my kids.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yep, it's very scary... :-/ She was very apologetic, I doubt she'll forget her cell phone again any time soon.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Tea Parties

I didn't make our local Tea Party , but it pulled hundreds of people as well... Tea, anyone? from Father Hollywood by Father Hollywood Like hundreds of thousands of other Americans, the Hollywoods enjoyed a tea party this past Wednesday. "Tea party" (wink wink). Nothing subversive about sipping a little Darjeeling, eh wot? Nothing to see here, Miss Napolitano. Anyway, our local festivities were held at Veterans Memorial Boulevard in Metairie. There were literally thousands of people crammed into the neutral ground (though on that day, the ground was anything but...), as cars and trucks poured by the busy boulevard laing on their horns in support. Here are pictures. And like every such gathering in our environs, there was even a brass band and an improptu "second line" parade. It was a "party" after all. But it was a party with a serious reason. The crowds were so overwhelming that it was hard to hear the speakers, and unfortunately, we did have a fe...

Viva California! USA out of California Now!

Gene Veith points to a Russian who predicts the breakup the American Empire. Gene is somehow unaware of the dozens of secessionist movements in various states. Granted they are almost all small but still, they exist and this could be a good time for us. Those who know me already understand that I'm a California Nationalist who I doesn't think California should have joined those united States in the first place. Being a part of that empire just costs us money, we get nothing in return. These days we get to be hated by foreigners for being Americans and mocked by Americans for being Californians. Getting us out of the US yesterday would be a day too late as far as I'm concerned.

I give up.

Over the last couple of years I have made a huge effort to convince myself that the Lutheran view of government had some merit. I've read everything recommended by Lutherans on the subject but I just can't make myself believe it. I can't believe it because I am certain that it is, quite simply, wrong. It is possible that I misunderstand the Lutheran position still, but I don't think that is the case. Lutherans teach that government is a blessing from God, a positive good. I think that this is wrong. In reality government is a curse and an evil. Even God warned Israel that a king (government) was a terrible idea that was against His will for them. (1 Samuel 8:4-19) We are certainly commanded in Romans 13:1-7 to obey and honor those in power over us, but in no place in the New Testament, at least no place that I'm aware of, is it even remotely implied that we ought to participate actively in any government, even less is it implied that we have some duty to part...